Terms and Conditions
The person whose name appears on the Booking Form agrees to take full responsibility for ensuring that all members of the party adhere to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
1. The number of people occupying any one property is limited to that stated on the website. Should extra beds be required in Rowan and Sycamore then you must inform us at least 24 hours prior to arrival and pay the excess charges in advance.
2. We ask for a £100 deposit on booking, with the remainder of the balance payable four weeks before the start of your stay. If a booking is made less than 4 weeks before the start of the holiday then we will request the balance paid as soon as we acknowledge your booking. Failure to pay the balance of rental charges will result in us treating the property as available for re-booking.
3. Please notify us of any cancellation in writing. If a notice of cancellation is received between the dates of your deposit being received and the final payment being due then the deposit will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If cancellation is made within four weeks of the holiday start (i.e. the whole rent has been paid) then the whole amount paid will be retained unless the Property can be re-let. If a re-let is successful then a full refund will be made, less an administration fee of £30. If the Property cannot be re-let then no refund will be given.
To safeguard against cancellation charges & other unforeseen eventualities we strongly recommend Cancellation Insurance.
4. Should the Property, subsequent to booking, become unavailable through any cause, you must accept that our liability is limited to the amount of any rent paid.
5. We welcome pets to our lodges. Please ensure that they do not go on the beds or soft furnishings and that they are not left unaccompanied in the lodge.
6. You accept that the responsibility for personal property of guests occupying the accommodation is solely theirs. All vehicles are also left at the guests’ risk. Guests agree to absolve us of any responsibility for any accident or mishap to persons or property whilst on the premises or whilst engaged in any activity therein, or from any illness or injury arising from any causes whatsoever.
7. You agree to use the Property solely for its intended purpose as self-catering accommodation and to accept our right to refuse to hand over the Property to any person deemed unsuitable to take charge. Causing a nuisance or disturbance to other guest or unreasonable behaviour may result in us requesting you to leave.
8. You agree to allow us access to the Property at all reasonable times. We will only ever request access to your property in case of an emergency, e.g. a water leak.
9. You must respect and look after your accommodation during your stay and you must leave the Property clean and tidy. Please let us know of any damage or breakages so we can endeavour to repair or replace them for the next guests. Due to our location it is often a challenge to order replacements, so please tell us as soon as possible. We reserve the right to charge for any damage or breakages.
10. You must vacate the Property by 10am at the latest on your day of departure unless special arrangements have been made with us. This is to allow us to prepare the Property for the next guests.
11. Guest arrival time is from 5pm onwards.
Our environmental policy
We are proud to be the holders of a Green Tourism Gold award highlighting our commitment reducing our impact on the environment.
We seek to promote local businesses and local producers wherever possible in both in our lodges and in our home
We use environmentally sensitive cleaning products and provide the same for our guests.
We provide recycling points for our guests and encourage composting by providing all guests with a kitchen composting bin. All compost is used in our garden to provide flower tubs and to encourage wild flowers.
We are members of the Green Tourism Business Scheme and have been awarded their Gold award as an indicator of our sustainable practices.
We seek to conserve water wherever possible and encourage our customers to do the same.